See how unit F-2 has become more efficient and comfortable, practically for free!
- $300 Value: Quick home energy check-up.
- $400 Value: Home performance with energy star comprehensive evaluation.
- $2,283: Condo air leakage mitigation using clear caulking.
- $1,712: Rebate received from Potomac Edison.
- $571: Final out of pocket cost, which will easily be recovered on this winter’s energy bills.
(There is a $100.00 Co-pay for the Comprehensive “Home Performance with Energy Star” energy audit.)
The below thermal imaging videos show a before and after of air leakage mitigation; the darker colors represent cooler temperatures, and the brighter colors represent warmer temperatures. Air leakage is apparent when a “feathered edge” is present; some air leakage sites do not show a feathered edge. In the test out video, all the caulking will show darker because it is colder than the other surrounding surfaces.
Before air leakage mitigation:
Airflow at 50 Pascals: 3262 CFM50 ( +/- 0.4 %) (50 Pa = 0.2 w.c.) 13.02 ACH50 3.1185 CFM50/ft2 floor area.
After air leakage mitigation:
Airflow at 50 Pascals: 1369 CFM50 ( +/- 0.2 %) (50 Pa = 0.2 w.c.) 5.46 ACH50 1.3085 CFM50/ft2 floor area.